©2010 - 2013 David Armitage | All Rights Reserved
‘Spawning Salmon’ sculpture by Michael Leisener
The town centre from the bridge.
The original bridge was built in 1233. The present bridge was widened and raised
Market stalls in front of the town hall. The current building dates from 1845.
A quiet street corner in Wetherby.
The market town of Wetherby was, historically, a staging post on the Great North
Road, being mid way between London and Edinburgh.
Back to Wharfedale